How to Avoid Coronavirus
Are you concerned about Coronavirus and other unknown types of infections? We are always vulnerable to new or unknown infections coming along. And every few years there is a new infection. Our big fear is a pandemic that will rage around the world putting all of us at risk for illness or death.
Our immune system is at the root of our ability to protect ourselves from ALL infections. I’d like to share some insight and tips with you on how to build up your immune system and keep away unwanted infections and illnesses.
No more fear
I have spent over 20 years perfecting taking care of people who have unknown or undiagnosed illnesses – many of those are hidden infections, and I’m here to tell you that you don’t need to be afraid. One of my specialties is in Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
For thousands of years, one of the most important premises of TCM philosophy is to take proper care of your immune system, since it guards you from outside invaders (also known as infections)
The Foundations of Healthy Immunity
It has always been most important to have a healthy immune system. If you have a healthy immune system, then you can fight off anything. This is why I have always focused on helping people build and maintain the best immune system possible.
Even if you don’t have a strong immune system or you’re worried it’s not strong enough, there are ways to bring in reinforcements that help your body resist an onslaught of illness.
It all starts with a basically healthy immune system. You may already be doing this. Here are 5 things to look for that show if you have a healthy immune system:
- You have a strong digestion.
- You sleep well most nights.
- You’re able to be around others who are sick and not get sick.
- You have plenty of energy to do what you need to do.
- If you get a little cut on your hand or elsewhere – it heals fairly quickly (good connective tissue)
Here’s how to get a good immune system (You know all these tips – I’m just restating them):
- Eat LOTS of fruits and vegetables – more vegetables than fruits
- Go out and get plenty of fresh air and sunlight. Or at least make sure you have enough vitamin D on board in winter.
- Get rest when you need it (this is especially important during high stress times – when you might not want to rest because you’re too busy or have too much to do)
- Exercise regularly.
- Practice good hygiene habits, but don’t overuse the hand sanitizer (evidence has shown that may actually decrease immunity by making bacteria and viruses resistant).
Ways you can help your immune system
- If you are a person who tends to get infections pretty easily, you’re going to want to take something to protect your immune system. Medicinal mushrooms have been used in TCM for thousands of years to help immunity. They have been researched in modern science and shown to help protect against cancer and build immunity. One product I like is Host Defense. It’s a 16 mushroom formula made with organic mushrooms that helps to protect your immune system. You can take it throughout flu season or while you’re traveling or going into an area where there is danger of being exposed to someone with a virus. Take 1 capsule twice per day normally but if you think you’re in danger of catching something, you can up that dose to 2 capsules twice per day. I often give this to my patients in fall to act as an immune builder.
- You can also take high doses of vitamin D as a protector. You can take 20,000 – 50,000 IU in a day or over the course of several days to keep from getting sick.
- High doses of vitamin C will also help to keep your immune system strong and able to fight away sickness.
- Depending on your symptoms, there are also specific herbal formulas that can help you. For example, YIN QIAO is good for sore throats and fever symptoms. There’s also a wonderful formula called Wellness Formula readily available at most health food stores. You can take it every 2-4 hours to prevent yourself from getting sick or keep yourself from getting sicker if you’re already sick. This would work well for Coronavirus or for any sort of unknown viral infection.
- Breathe deeply! Moving air through your lungs and body helps you push out bad bacteria or viruses.
Inexplicable ailments, chronic pain and other mystery issues with your body do not have to be a forever thing. You can heal! Pick up a copy of my book – Healing When It Seems Impossible: 7 Keys To Defy The Odds.