Heartburn and Reflux (Part 2) – Common causes and simple cures
The liver rules the emotion of anger so if you’re worried a lot or you’re angry a lot then it can affect your stomach and cause you to have problems with your digestive system.
– Dr. Shiroko Sokitch
Heartburn is something that plagues so many of us, and yet it is so commonly mis-treated and misunderstood. In this Facebook Live (May, 2020) I’ll follow up on my previous heartburn discussion by going into more detail on the many, many causes of heartburn or reflux symptoms. In Western medicine we see heartburn as merely too much stomach acid but Chinese medicine points to there being many more reasons for these symptoms.
Most people are merely treating heartburn symptoms and not actually curing anything. I have successfully helped many patients find real healing from heartburn and reflux. How do I do it? I look at the root cause. Since there are so many things that can cause heartburn, I will lay out some of the most commonly overlooked and explain how you can look for the root cause rather than merely dulling symptoms and making things worse.
Key things to remember:
- Why heartburn is much more than stomach acid issues.
- A common bacteria that causes heartburn.
- How your hormones can affect your digestive function.
- What small intestinal bacterial overgrowth is and why you may actually not have enough stomach acid.
- The role of stress on our digestion and how to treat those situations.
- How to get rid of a hiatal hernia.
- High cortisol, how it affects your digestion and how you can treat it.
- Simple ways to adjust your eating and habits to heal heartburn.
Watch the full video here: https://youtu.be/tBH-yBHrWjY
- Vagus Nerve
- H. Pylori
- SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth)
- My Book: Healing When It Seems Impossible: 7 Keys to Defy the Odds
- Audio Book: Healing When It Seems Impossible: 7 Keys to Defy the Odds
Ask me anything!
Let me know if you have any questions that I can help you with. I’m here for you during these unpredictable times and have set up a telemedicine service to get you the help you most need. Call my office at: 707.524.9640
Inexplicable ailments, chronic pain and other mystery issues with your body do not have to be a forever thing. You can heal! Pick up a copy of my book – Healing When It Seems Impossible: 7 Keys To Defy The Odds.