Conventional & Functional Medicine
I saw Shiroko and my world changed.
Shiroko is an amazing holistic doctor. I first started seeing her in 2006 when Kaiser Medical didn’t know how to properly diagnose me. I saw Shiroko and my world changed. I found out my thyroid was not regular. After two weeks, I was feeling better then I had felt in years.
I practice Western medicine from a Functional Medicine perspective, meaning that I look for the root cause of your problems and then help bring your body into balance. The ultimate purpose is to look beyond the symptoms or “diagnosis” in order to help you heal.
Problems I can help you with:
- Mystery illnesses or mysterious symptoms
- Immune system conditions – allergies, frequent infections (such as sinus or lung infections or flus) auto-immune diseases, and Lyme disease
- Hormonal Imbalances – PMS, infertility, menopause, manopause, midlife crises, uterine fibroids, Polycystic ovary syndrome, chronic pain (which can be a hormonal imbalance), fatigue
- Brain Chemistry – depression, mood disorders, behavior problems (such as ADD), anxiety, fatigue, bipolar disorder
- Digestive disturbances – heartburn, reflux, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhea, recurrent nausea, ulcerative colitis
- Pain – back pain, neck pain, joint pains, headaches, migraines, shoulder and knee pains, even chest pains
General Practice Medicine
- Annual medical
- Conventional lab tests
Specialized Lab Testing
- In-depth hormone analysis
- Nutreval – a urine and blood test complete analysis of your body’s functioning
- Stool tests to evaluate digestive function and hidden infections
- Heavy metal toxicity analysis
- Food allergy testing
- Neurotransmitter testing to evaluate brain chemistry – helpful in sleep, depression, ADHD, memory issues, fatigue, and other disorders
Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy – also known as bioidentical hormones.
Nutritional and dietary advice – In-depth evaluation of nutrition from the Chinese and Western perspective.
Herbs – Using herbs to balance your energy according to the principles of Chinese medicine
Osteopathic Manipulation – A gentle hands on technique to relax and release ligament and muscle holding patterns usually done after an acupuncture treatment
Cranial Manipulation – A gentle hands on technique to balance the movement of the cranial bones allowing the spinal fluids to flow smoothly
Personalized exercise suggestions – For injuries, or if you are trying to get fit
Triangle of Wellness
The Triangle of Wellness is a healing principle that I’ve developed based on my unique blend of Chinese and Western medicine. The Triangle is made up of three points: the hormones, the immune system, and the nervous system. These three systems are deeply interdependent and their proper function and balance supports every element of your health. If any one of them is functioning poorly, it will affect the other two. When these systems are balanced, your body can begin to heal, no matter your current physical condition.
When you have been ill for a long time, or have a serious chronic medical condition, the Triangle of Wellness is usually out of balance. If it’s not addressed, it will be affected more and more over time. If you are experiencing a chronic health problem, I can prescribe tests to determine where the imbalance resides, so we can bring your body into balance.
Dedication to continuous research on the most current treatments today
Outstanding. Dr. Shiroko Sokitch is incredibly gifted as a physician and healer. One of the most remarkable things about her, is her dedication to continuous research on the most current treatments today. It is solely because of her, that I was directed to and treated with a cutting edge approach to an illness I had – a severe case of Epstein Barr virus. I was cured. And I am so grateful to her.
Dr. Shiroko is a wonderful partner
I really like Dr. Shiroko, she is both professional and personable. I chose her because she has the rare combination of degrees as a medical doctor and licensed acupuncturist (MD & L.Ac.).
I’ve been her patient for about four or five months and all of my symptoms have improved (lower back pain, digestive issues, neck & shoulder pain, lack of oomph…the list goes on). If you have real, mysterious health problems that keep you from feeling good every day and, you are ready to participate in your own wellness, Dr. Shiroko is a wonderful partner.